About Roset

My photo
No words can explain how deeply people want to connect with each other. How much pain they will suffer trying to be accepted, to be valued and to be loved. The yearning to be wanted is probably the most trauma that some individuals will ever inflict up on themselves. No matter race, colour, creed, sexual orientation, religion, culture, gender, age or any other factor, what everyone wants is to belong, to connect, to be loved. It is so easy to reach out to someone yet, for some it is the most difficult thing to find someone to connect to. Reach out to those you meet in your daily march. You just never know whose life you might touch, what spark, even unknowingly, you may make.

Thursday 21 February 2013

Professional Development - Inquiry

Made a poster on Pasifika achievement across the curriculum. It was a good learning exercise. School is good. Students are engaging - the two African boys are learning English a little quicker now. It's heart warming to see. Had my first student start thinking 'she can' instead of 'I can't' and that was moving - I must get her some information. One Japanese student doesn't want to work hard and her laziness is driving me a little mental but I need to leave her to it did a while and see how it goes - as in give her easy work to keep her happy for now and stop pushing her. I don't think they'll be any benefit in trying to get her to give me work she just doesn't want to do even she is capable. It's work she asked for so I don't mind admitting that being up until midnight making her a workbook she now won't use has naffed me off a bit. Still, smile and move passed it. She might have something else going on so let's not worry for now. Other than that, alls well after making some changes to my routine.
I still haven't been paid tho.
Still, a bit of patience and that will come right too. It's all time!!!
Right., earthquake anniversary tomorrow... Wow! Two minute silence mid day to remember those that died. Sigh. It still makes me want to move when I think about it too much. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment