About Roset

My photo
No words can explain how deeply people want to connect with each other. How much pain they will suffer trying to be accepted, to be valued and to be loved. The yearning to be wanted is probably the most trauma that some individuals will ever inflict up on themselves. No matter race, colour, creed, sexual orientation, religion, culture, gender, age or any other factor, what everyone wants is to belong, to connect, to be loved. It is so easy to reach out to someone yet, for some it is the most difficult thing to find someone to connect to. Reach out to those you meet in your daily march. You just never know whose life you might touch, what spark, even unknowingly, you may make.

Friday 5 October 2012

Totally depressing week . . .

Imagine how I am feeling today - here are a list of all the jobs I have been rejected for this week:

Burnside HS x 3 - rejected, 

Lincoln HS x 2 rejected, 

St Andrews College x 2 - rejected, 

St Thomas of Canterbury x 2 - rejected, 

Lincoln Uni x 1 rejected, 

Middleton Grange x 1 - rejected, 

Cashmere x 2 - rejected, 

Barnardoes x 1 - rejected, 

IA x 1 - rejected, 

Hornby HS x 1 - rejected. 

Applications left in: Hornby HS x 1, 

Mairehau HS x 1. 

How totally and utterly depressing and what's more, I didn't even get an interview even for the jobs at the school that told me I am the best student teacher they have ever seen and told me how well I would do with them. But, there are exceptional teachers out there so a high calibre of competition. Still, left me feeling quite blue....especially since I havent paid my bills in the last 4 months. Eeek!

I've never been unemployed all my life - and I'm a better worker than 99% of people you'll ever meet yet not easy finding a job! What does that tell you about the job market - it's tight folks., very tight. If I cannot get an interview with folk who think I am "great" and a "better teacher than some experienced teachers" then I wonder what hope there is! - 100% total and utter failure and rejection...not even one interview. Self pity can lead you down a pathetic path but it is hard to stay positive with so many knock downs, rejections and failings. I'm so not looking forward to having to sign on the dole. God in Heaven - how terrible does that sound....

I've applied for a few non-teaching jobs and if I can secure one I'll have to forget teaching, at least for paid work. I'll still do my voluntary bit. I need to find employment and we have a saying in our house 'whoever gives us a break in hard times, we commit to'. I think teaching was a nice dream but it isn't going to happen and I am happy working with people no matter where I am, so let's reassess, change tack and look for non-teaching jobs I may well stand a much better chance of securing and hence building a future with. I can still teach when we go to Morocco, or in the UK over summer and continue to home tutor, so maybe this will give me the best of both worlds.... still, wouldve been nice to be a teach'. I really liked it and was pretty good at it.

Ahhhhh....... 

No comments:

Post a Comment