About Roset

My photo
No words can explain how deeply people want to connect with each other. How much pain they will suffer trying to be accepted, to be valued and to be loved. The yearning to be wanted is probably the most trauma that some individuals will ever inflict up on themselves. No matter race, colour, creed, sexual orientation, religion, culture, gender, age or any other factor, what everyone wants is to belong, to connect, to be loved. It is so easy to reach out to someone yet, for some it is the most difficult thing to find someone to connect to. Reach out to those you meet in your daily march. You just never know whose life you might touch, what spark, even unknowingly, you may make.

Monday 8 October 2012

Last block at College

Well, back at College and the general consensus is that we would all have preferred more Teaching Practice than have to come back and do a truck load of work that is compulsory but not assessed. No-one on the course can see the point, and to be honest I didn't at first. The general murmurings were related to successful completion of two TP so what is the use in mini-teaching episodes at College. Is there benefit of spending the time doing this and then having to sit there and watch everyone do the mini-teach thus wasting any class time we have doing stuff we are already competent with. Needless to say there were some very unhappy students at College - some so much so they walked off when they knew what we were doing. After saying all this, I am looking forward to doing the Special Needs presentation and research for Prof' Studies, especially since it is an interest of mine. So I do see value in this exercise.

I hope to get the Chemistry exam out of the way this week. It would have been done by now if the lecturer had posted who had what exams to mark before we went on TP but he didn't and it still isn't on Learn/Moodle. After saying that I should have made a copy of the markers but I didn't, so I shouldn't blame the lecturer to fiercely. A few of us are feeling the pressure of assignments that could have already been completed still needing completing and other 'new' assignments being dished out along with the non-assessed work. Regardless, I am hoping to get that assignment out of the way this week. There are 5 weeks to go and yesterday we were handed a 'Reflection' Assignment - reflect on your first assignment related to your Teaching Philosophy and reflect on how your thoughts and ideas may have changed. I ran that off in 1.5 hours yesterday. After 7 weeks of reflection on TP it wasn't exactly taxing and if folk dont know the answers to that assignment after TP 1 and 2 there are some serious issues somewhere.

Other than that, the weather is dreary - bring us some NZ sunshine, I say and I just want to get out of College now. Paid for the Regalia yesterday, which I havent mentioned at home considering we have no money, but as this is the last time I will ever graduate I think I should graduate in person. It represents quite a large sacrifice in income leaving a well paid job to undertake teacher training and was to represent a change in career. As it stands jobs are so short in supply it seems I'll end up doing something else but the year wasn't wasted - I met some fabulous people and had two good placements with great Associates and my abilities were stretched so all in all - no regrets, but needs must, so, as there are no teaching vacancies for me to apply for today I am off to apply for a shop assistant job now. Wish me luck.



No comments:

Post a Comment