About Roset

My photo
No words can explain how deeply people want to connect with each other. How much pain they will suffer trying to be accepted, to be valued and to be loved. The yearning to be wanted is probably the most trauma that some individuals will ever inflict up on themselves. No matter race, colour, creed, sexual orientation, religion, culture, gender, age or any other factor, what everyone wants is to belong, to connect, to be loved. It is so easy to reach out to someone yet, for some it is the most difficult thing to find someone to connect to. Reach out to those you meet in your daily march. You just never know whose life you might touch, what spark, even unknowingly, you may make.

Thursday 27 December 2012

Preparation for a teaching career

In preparation for embarkation on a teaching career I entered into an exercise and eating regime that would facilitate weight loss and increase cardio stamina. Considering it is Christmas and New Year and I have indulged in tarts, cream, roast dinner and chocolate delights (although holding back on the 'pigging out' factor), I think I've done rather well loosing 3kgs in 4 weeks. Not only that, but the old hardly worn black trousers now fit as do my old but hardly worn jeans indicating the loss of cm's to! Very happy. If only I could afford plastic surgery for an eye lift to take away my wrinkles that started to appear when I hit 40!!! Hahaha....

I'm hoping to be fitter both physically and mentally by the time my contract starts. Surely, that will benefit the students as well as myself.

Now, what I need is to find some useful ESOL resources for teaching. I was thinking map/world based games to interlock social studies with ESOL teaching, trivia games to interlock the sciences with ESOL and literature reviews to link English with ESOL. I want to create a collaborative, fun and dynamic learning environment so learning English is more of an exciting venture than dry grammar and rote verb conjugation learning.

Ahhhh! We will see whether my ideas work or whether I have to adjust them to suit learning preferences. I'll keep ya posted.

Excited and terrified all at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment