About Roset

My photo
No words can explain how deeply people want to connect with each other. How much pain they will suffer trying to be accepted, to be valued and to be loved. The yearning to be wanted is probably the most trauma that some individuals will ever inflict up on themselves. No matter race, colour, creed, sexual orientation, religion, culture, gender, age or any other factor, what everyone wants is to belong, to connect, to be loved. It is so easy to reach out to someone yet, for some it is the most difficult thing to find someone to connect to. Reach out to those you meet in your daily march. You just never know whose life you might touch, what spark, even unknowingly, you may make.

Wednesday 1 August 2012

Teaching Practice Two

Well, block 3 is almost over and it has been a challenge. After dropping biology in favour in chemistry I quickly realised that my chem knowledge is not really up to scratch, so it has needed some hours up on hours of review and revision. Still, if nothing more it has made clear that I either need to teach junior chemistry only or brush up with some additional professional training at some stage. The course is great though and my colleagues like minded and lovely as too is the teacher who apparently was an exceptional teacher. I think he is my new role model with a very kind and respectful attitude to students.

Teaching Practice starts this Friday with an introduction to my associates and timetable which will commence on Monday. Nervous - not 'arf! Met my visiting lecturer today and he was very clear about learning the names of students so I had better be on to that as soon as I step in to the classroom. It was a nice introduction though with clear expectations. I like that and he smiles a lot! I hope he likes my teaching. I cannot believe how nervous and worried about it I am. 

It seems I have the same worries as everyone else about starting TP 2. 

The packing, or rather unpacking after eqc works will have to wait until November. With any luck it will be sunny and the boxes can be moved without slipping in the mud. lol. Sooooo, looking forward to unpacking and setting up the house again. It'll be just in time for Christmas..yay! Then, I'll be flying to SE England to start an 8 week contract - a job teaching. Can't wait, even it is only for 8 weeks. Then back here to look for work.....So excited., but then, that brings me full circle to TP2 again, which I HAVE TO PASS to be able to apply to graduate and be a real grow'd up teach'! hahahaha. I really cannot wait. 

It's only been 7 months so far but feels so much longer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment